Contents of My Blog

Starting bright and early (4am to be exact) on June 25, 2010, I will be embarking on my biggest adventure to date. I will be in Rome and Paris for one week before I arrive in my final destination: Spain. I will be living with a family in Oviedo, Spain from July 4 -July 31, 2010. They don’t speak English in this town, so needless to say, this will be quite an experience that will most definitely contain some pretty entertaining stories. So, stay tuned and look for updates of my summer in Europe!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sorry!

Hey! I know, I know, I´ve dropped off the face of the earth for a few days. I´ve been super bad about keeping you all updated. Sorry! But hey, in a way that´s good because it means that I´ve been busy and having fun! I don´t have time to give you a full update, but here´s the short version: the rest of Rome - great! Paris - awesome (except for the lack of AC and stinky people). I´ll put up pictures and more in depth updates later. I just got to Oviedo and well - it has been interesting so far! On the train from Madrid to Oveido I sat next to this really nice girl. She was 16 and from a town near Oviedo. I practiced my spanish with her and she practiced her english with me. It was really good! Then, I got to Oviedo and met my family - or lack there of. Its just me and an old lady. Exactly what I didnt want, but she´s really sweet and was super excited for me to get there. It was SO cute! When I showed up at the University, she was standing there with the letter I sent her (which had a picture of me) and when I walked up she had a huge smile on her face and said ¨Anna!¨ She greeted me with a huge hug and immediately started talking my ear off. haha! We walked to her apartment which was close to the University (thankfully) and showed me around. I have my own room and bathroom, which is nice! After showing me around, she made me some food. It was some janky pasta that was already sitting on the stove for who knows how long, some old,. hard bread, and some chicken. Oh well, she said that tomorrow we will have something better. I sure hope so! Then, she turned on the TV and it just so happened that The Notebook was on in spanish!! We watched that and then I showed her my pictures from Rome and Paris. Then, she talked my ear off some more and I´m not gonna lie, I understood probably 10% of what she said. She talks SO fast its ridiculous! I told her to slow down, but that didn´t really happen. Then, we rode the bus to her son´s house. He´s in his 50s I would guess. He has a wife and a daughter (maybe more kids, but that´s all that I met). I was so sad though because his daughter was leaving right when I got there. I need another young soul around here! Oh well. Her son and his wife were really nice. They made me feel at home and they actually understood that I dont know spanish that well so they talked slower. We sat around and watched another super sad movie. Luckily it was in spanish and I didnt understand much because it was so sad I was about to cry! If it were in english I for sure would have bawled and that would have been super embarrassing! Then, instead of riding the bus back, we walked. That was a long walk. Especially since she talked the whole time and I still understood almost nothing. I probably covered all of Oviedo in my first few hours there! Anyways, and now I´m here at the internet cafe writing this. My madre made me come in here (I mean there was no objection on my part). She was like you need to call your family and boyfriend! haha! Anyways, I have my placement test for my spanish classes tomorrow. I´m so nervous!! Wish me luck! Adios for now

No comments:

Post a Comment