Contents of My Blog

Starting bright and early (4am to be exact) on June 25, 2010, I will be embarking on my biggest adventure to date. I will be in Rome and Paris for one week before I arrive in my final destination: Spain. I will be living with a family in Oviedo, Spain from July 4 -July 31, 2010. They don’t speak English in this town, so needless to say, this will be quite an experience that will most definitely contain some pretty entertaining stories. So, stay tuned and look for updates of my summer in Europe!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Preparation Day Numero Dos

Well, I have definitely come a long way from yesterday!! I had a pretty productive day, actually, if I must say so myself. First, I woke up and checked Facebook for like an hour...in bed. I put pictures up from my last trips. I know, what a lazy butt. But it really made me feel a lot better. It needed to be done. It was bugging the crap out of me! Anyways, so after I finally got the energy up to actually get out of bed, I was pretty much going non-stop the rest of the day.

Errand #1: My mom and I went to Sports Authority to find some good travel clothes and walking shoes. BINGO!! We hit the jackpot for sure! Everything was on sale and everything was super cute. I think I have just about everything I need in that jumbo Sports Authority bag. I am all set to go! Not to mention, I got myself a nice heavy duty, well working raincoat. The forecast is unseasonable wet in Spain this year, so I must be prepared. I've already had one raincoat disaster, thank you very much. I most certainly will NOT have another!

Errand #2: Post office. I mailed my host family a letter with my picture in it, a little description about me, and where and when to meet me when I arrive. Unfortunately, I may get there before the letter does...

Errand #3: Ulta - yes, I desperately needed to go and it was a very necessary trip. I ran out of make up and I need to make sure I'm fully stocked and ready to be beautiful while I'm away :)

Errand #4: Best Buy - I had to purchase my awesome converter/adapter so I can plug things in while I'm there. Very important, especially for my computer.

Errand #5: Are you getting tired of hearing about all my errands yet?! Just think how I felt! I actually had to do them! This is the last one, I promise. My last stop of the day was Wal-Mart. Good ol' Wallie world. I had to make sure I was stocked up on my meds and get all that travel toiletry stuff. Boring, I know.

Then, as if I wasn't already tired enough, I came home and gathered all my plane tickets, healthcare info for over there, hotel info, contact info, and any other kind of info that I could possibly have for my trip. I printed out basically an entire book of stuff. My parents have been nagging me endlessly about plans and details and all that good stuff, so I finally got it all together. That was a doosey!

Then, after that, I had my Spanish speaking tutoring date. My friend, Marvin, from Honduras came over and helped me out with my speaking skills. It was kind of funny, I'm not going to lie. I'm just so timid and nervous when it comes to speaking, it's not even funny! But I'm definitely going to have to get over that FAST!! He also helped me write a script of what to say when I call my host family. Yes, I have to CALL them. LORD HELP ME! This is going to be a hilarious disaster!!! I sure hope they don't want to say much so I can just sit there and read off my lines. I'm going to call them tomorrow, so stay tuned for that story. I'm sure it will be highly entertaining.

Anyways, those are my boring updates on my hectic life. Don't worry, I haven't stopped freaking out OR listening to Spanish. Still going a little crazy. Welp, time for bed to rest up for yet another crazy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment